good with a dollop of this
It’s widely acknowledged that the internet is full of cats. Know what else it’s full of?
contrary to popular belief, quinoa is a seed not a grain
I’ve turned to quinoa (it’s a seed, not a grain people! don’t panic!) in a desperate bid to get more protein into me.
served with a creamy guacamole
My sister and her boyfriend came for a visit recently and although my heart loved it, my belly did not.
Posted in Appetizers, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Main Meals, Vegetarian
- Tagged Chili, Garlic, Gluten free, Grain free, Onion, Quinoa, Sides, Snacks, Spice, Sweet Potatoes, Vegetables, Vegetarian
one is never enough
Ever had something at a restaurant that was so delicious you felt compelled to try recreating it yourself?
Posted in Appetizers, Baking, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Vegetarian
- Tagged Baking, Cheddar Cheese, Cheese, Gluten free, Grain free, Jalapeno, muffins, Quinoa, Savoury, Spice, Vegetarian
quinoa makes an ideal filling for these little parcels of joy
Thanks to An Unrefined Vegan I learnt two new things this week:
- Dog loves Nori. So much so that he will sit at my feet while I roll sushi and he rolls his eyes.*
- I can roll sushi! – a skill I thought belonged only to Asian master chefs, trained by wizened old sushi monks who have been passing down the artform since man first held a chopstick.
health, on a plate
My feelings about stir-frys mirror my feelings about chilis.
Posted in Gluten Free, Grain Free, Main Meals, Poultry
- Tagged Asparagus, Carrot, Chicken, Ginger, Gluten free, Grain free, Kale, Lemon, Quinoa, Stir-fry
Vegans. They have a hard time of it.
Posted in Baking, Desserts, Grain Free, Vegetarian
- Tagged Almonds, Baking, Coconut, cookies, Gluten free, Grain free, Maple Syrup, Nuts, Quinoa, Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian