I’ll eat brussels sprouts anywhere, anytime.
Hubs, however, is not so accommodating. He is not a fan. So I’m always trying to be more creative than just shoving them in the oven and hoping for the best.
This stir-fry type affair was a spur of the moment decision. One of those times when you stick your head in the fridge and do a quick, desperate inventory.
I had brussels, I had cabbage. I had a very tasty side dish that takes ten minutes.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Red Cabbage with Paprika (serves 2-3)
- 12 brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 2 green/spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 tsps smoked paprika
- 2 tsps lemon zest
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the onion, sprouts and cabbage and saute over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika and season well. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Just before serving stir through the lemon zest.
Like this? You might also like: