Pity my heart-shaped baking tray.
The poor thing sits at the back of a shamefully dusty cupboard for 364 days of the year. Then along comes Valentine’s and suddenly it’s back in vogue.
I comfort myself with the fact that Hubs knows I love him. He doesn’t need heart-shaped baked goods every day of the year to prove it. All that would prove is how much I am determined to destroy his waistine.
If you don’t have heart-shaped tins, just use ordinary muffin trays. To give you an idea of how many the batter makes – I used 2 tbsps per heart and made 4.
Also, if you’re using muffin trays don’t bake them for the full 18 minutes. Muffins are smaller so the cooking time will be shorter. I’d give them a gentle poke at 12 minutes to see how they’re doing.
Pecan Brownie Hearts (makes 4 large hearts)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sieved
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sieved
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir the cocoa powder and coconut flour together in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry (don’t over stir or the batter will clump and dry out).
- Fold in the pecans then scoop the batter into a greased, heart-shaped baking tray or muffin tray.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes until firm. Let cool before removing from tray.
Like this? You might also like: