Damn, I’m posting a lot of slow cooker soups these days. So many in fact that I’ve cunningly tried to fool you by using the word ‘crockpot’ in hopes that you won’t get slow cooker fatigue.
(which is A Thing and, in no way, a condition that I just invented)
You say slow cooker, I say crockpot. Whatever it is, it makes amazing soups with incredible flavour and depth.
Creamy Crockpot Cauliflower & Mushroom Soup (serves 4)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 medium yellow potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 7 oz button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 oz cream cheese (optional – skip if dairy-free, it’ll still be tasty)
- If you have time, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onions, celery and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes then scoop into the slow cooker. If you don’t have the time, omit this step and just put them directly into the crockpot.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and the broth. Season very well then cook on low for 8 hours.
- Turn the crockpot off, add the cheese and blend using an immersion blender. If, like me, your immersion blender gave up on life a long time ago, transfer the soup and the cheese into a regular blender and puree until smooth.
Like this? You might also like: