When I saw this recipe, I absolutely had to try it. It seemed like the holy grail of the Paleo diet – a grain-free focaccia bread! Surely such a thing cannot be!
Turns out it can, thanks to My Living Nutrition.
A word of caution though – if you have any hormonal issues such as PCOS, endometriosis or extreme PMS this might be one to skip.
It contains flax seeds which are estrogenic and I know from my own experience can be unhelpful for ladies dealing with estrogen dominance.
If you rarely eat them and have no issues then don’t worry, tuck in and enjoy.
This is a delicious, soft, flavoursome bread that tastes exactly like the real thing (it passed the Hubs test with flying colours- he was amazed there was coconut flour in there).
*from My Living Nutrition
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sieved
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup plain, full-fat, yoghurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- Mix the ground flax, coconut flour, salt and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the yoghurt, eggs and honey together until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. It should be a thick batter.
- Spoon an even layer into a 8in x 8in baking tray greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes until slightly browned and firm.
- Let cool then serve with olive oil.
Like this? You might also like: