It’s widely acknowledged that the internet is full of cats. Know what else it’s full of?
People debating whether quinoa is a seed or a grain (you know it’s serious when they start HOLDING DOWN THE CAPS KEY).
I don’t have a dog in this fight. Quinoa doesn’t upset my stomach or my digestion so I don’t really care what matter of beast it is.
I like the taste of it, therefore I eat it.
If you’re less lucky, but still want a porridge substitute, might I recommend chia seeds?
Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge (serves 2-3)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (any colour, I used mixed but whatever you have is fine)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cream or coconut milk if non-dairy
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Put the quinoa and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the honey and cinnamon. Transfer to a bowl and pour over the milk.
- Serve on its own or with fruit.
Like this? You might also like: