So how was everyone’s Yuletide? (does Yuletide include New Years? Does anyone care?)
I don’t know about you but I’m glad it’s over.
Ours was fantastic – we visited, we ate, we laughed – but you can only stomach the festive whirl so long before you get dizzy.
I am beyond ready to get stuck into 2015 and see what it brings.
For the moment it brings these custards, and that’s fine by me. They’re dairy free, light and very easy to make ahead so if you still have some guests lingering (don’t these people have homes and offices to get back to?!), feed them these and send them on their way happy.
Lemon Coconut Custards (makes 6)
*adapted from Delicious Living
- 1 13.5 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- zest of a lemon
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Boil a kettle full of water then let cool slightly so it’s warm but not boiling. Place a wet towel into a 9 x 13 inch pan (this keeps the pots from moving around).
- Pour the coconut milk into a large mixing bowl and add the coconut sugar, lemon zest and juice, eggs, vanilla and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into six 6-oz ramekins.
- Place the ramekins onto the wet towel, fill the pan with the hot water to within 1/2 inch of the top of the ramekins. Carefully place tray on the middle shelf of your oven and bake for 45 minutes at 325.
- Remove from pan and let cool then either eat warm or place in the fridge to chill and serve later.
Like this? You might also like: