If you’re making these for children you might want to warn them that the dark chunks are dates, not chocolate.
Otherwise you’ll give them crippling trust issues that will require years of therapy.
And while you’re at it, you should probably also stress that these are soft cookies, not the crispy chewy kind.
With those expectations managed, you’re ready to enjoy delicious dairy and gluten-free biscuity treats. Go forth and snack!
Maple Date Cookies (makes 9)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, sieved
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, banana and oil.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and stir gently to a thick batter.
- Fold in the dates then spoon a generous tbsp onto greaseproof/wax paper. Repeat to create roughly 9 cookies (leave some space between each because they will spread slightly when cooking).
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack. They are best eaten immediately.
Like this? You might also like: