But none have been quite such a hit with Hubs as these pancakes.
After he had happily chowed his way through 3 of them, I challenged him to identify the mystery ingredient.
He didn’t get it so I guess that’s a point to me and Paleo Mom. Join me tomorrow for another fun round of ‘What Surprising Veggie is Hidden in Your Meal Tonight?”
I highly recommend it as a fun party game you too can play with your family.
*from The Paleo Mom
- 2 green plantains
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract (or omit if you want savoury pancakes)
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, plus more for frying
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a generous pinch of salt
- Peel and chop the plantains and add to a blender. Add the eggs and blend on ‘smoothie’ setting until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process to a thick, runny batter.
- Heat a couple of tbsps of coconut oil in a large frying pan. When the oil is hot, carefully pour in the batter to form a pancake and fry for about 3 minutes on one side, flip and fry the other side for a minute until both sides are brown. Serve and eat.
Like this? You might also like: