It’s eerie cooking now without Dog.
Six months later and I’m still listening for his snuffling noises of interest when I cook meat.
Somehow the food just doesn’t taste as good knowing that when I turn from the kitchen table I won’t see his bright-eyed stare, silently asking if there are leftovers.
And that’s where I am today.
Apricot & Pistachio Stuffed Lamb (serves 2)
- 8 pc rack of lamb
- 1/2 cup, 8 dried apricot
- 2/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tsps thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Cut the lamb in half vertically to create two, 4 piece, portions.
- Using a long, thin knife, carefully poke a hole through the thickness part of the meat, pierce through out the other side then jiggle the knife to widen the opening.
- Blitz the nuts, 2 tsps thyme and apricots together until they form a chunky paste. Using your hands, stuff this paste into the hole in the lamb (it’ll spill out the sides, that’s fine).
- Season the lamb with the remaining thyme and rosemary.
- Place in a roasting tray and roast at 425 for 30-35 minutes for well done.
Like this? You might also like: