There are some battles in life when it’s important to know that you’re beaten, and walk away.
A few past relationships come to mind.
And a few jobs.
But, equally, there are battles you know you can overcome.
Getting Hubs to like sweet potato definitely falls into the latter category.
Especially with my latest weapon – cheese. Cover anything in cheese and that man’ll eat it.
And eat he did. Three of these to be exact.
The war may still be up for grabs, but I’ve definitely won this battle.
Cheesy Sweet Potato Fritters (makes 8)
*adapted from Epicurious
- 1 large (1 lb) sweet potato, peeled
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- the whites of 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Grate the sweet potato and squeeze in batches to release as much moisture as possible (I pressed it firmly with kitchen roll until they came away dry).
- Transfer the sweet potato to a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork. Stir in the egg whites, parmesan and pepper. Mix until it starts to come together.
- Scoop a generous tbsp of the mixture into your hands, roll and then gently press onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper (your patties should be about 1 1/2 – 2 inches in diameter). Repeat with remaining batter, leaving ample space between them.
- Bake at 420 for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned.
Like this? You might also like: