Things everyone on the internet has an opinion about: vaccines, Kim Kardashian’s butt, cats versus dogs and the best way to de-seed a pomegranate.
The latter is in season and I found a very helpful video the other day about the best way to get those tricksy seeds out without any of that soaking nonsense.
If you’ve ever lost a finger or uttered a curse word your mother wouldn’t be proud of while opening a pomegranate, I highly recommend taking a look.
This time of year is probably my favourite for food. Not only are pomegranates in season but you’re also likely to see chestnuts, cranberries and brussels sprouts popping up on dinner tables across the country.
You can also expect to see a lot of above popping up here until well into 2015. I make no apologies for that.
Pomegranate & Vanilla Parfait (serves 2)
- 2 cups plain, full-fat yoghurt
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 4 tbsps honey
- 3 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 large pomegranate
- Extract the pomegranate seeds and set aside.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and broil for 5-10 minutes until they start to brown. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together the vanilla, honey and yoghurt.
- Spoon a couple of tbsps of yoghurt into 2 dessert dishes. Follow with a layer of nuts, then pomegranate seeds. Repeat, ending with a layer of pomegranate seeds on top. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: