We eat a lot of chicken parts in our house (and don’t even get me started on what I throw into our bone broth, it’s the stuff of nightmares).
But eating endless Buffalo Wings gets old…despite what Hubs would say.
So when I saw a recipe for ‘Carolina Style’ wings/drumsticks in Real Life Paleo – the gorgeous new book from Paleo Parents (which I’ll be reviewing next week) – I was intrigued and delighted.
For a start, I had no idea there was such a thing as ‘Carolina Style’. If you are from Carolina or live there, please enlighten me. Is this really a thing?
And how does one get a style? If I were to invent a new sauce for wings while in my hometown of Belfast, would they be ‘Belfast Style’ Wings?
Actually, that sounds kinda cool….
Carolina Style Drumsticks (makes 6)
*adapted slightly from Real Life Paleo
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsps butter or ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsps yellow mustard
- Pat the drumsticks dry and season well with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for an hour until brown and crispy.
- While the drumsticks are cooking, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, toss in the sauce and serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: