As I might have mentioned before, Hubs is a committed carnivore and I am a less-than-committed-ex-vegetarian-not-that-keen-on-meat-carnivore.
We compromise (it’s what marriage is based on, people!) by having a few nights a week either pescatarian or full-on veggie.
This was my choice for a recent pescatarian option. It’s light, it’s nutritious and (arguably best of all) it’s very easy.
And on this slow start to the week (thank you daylight savings!), I’m all about the easy.
Smoked Mackerel & Chickpea Salad (serves 2)
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, lightly toasted
- 12 oz mixed greens
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- a lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 tsp carraway seeds
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice and zest and carraway seeds. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Toss the walnuts, greens and chickpeas in the lemon dressing. Flake the mackerel on top of the salad. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: