We had this simple, easy and tasty midweek supper with mashed turnip – which meant there was lots of confusion in the grocery store at the time of purchase.
The teenager on the check-out had no idea what she was handling and so I had to paint a picture with words.
Normally words are my deal, but have you ever actually tried to describe a turnip?
Beyond its physical attributes (which obviously I didn’t need to go into, given that it was sitting in front of her), there’s not really much to say.
“It’s a root vegetable. Kinda like parsnip. It….erm…tastes a bit sweet.”
In the end, much to our mutual embarrassment, she gave up and charged me for a rutabaga.
Djion Cheddar Chicken (serves 2)
- 1 large chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- 1 tbsp djion mustard
- 3 tbsps butter, melted
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (I used walnuts and almonds)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the mustard and butter until combined.
- Grind the nuts to a fine crumb and stir in the cheddar until well mixed.
- Dip each chicken breast in the mustard/butter mixture, shake off any excess then roll in the nut and cheese crumb.
- Place on a baking tray or casserole dish and bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
Like this? You might also like: