I have a hard and fast rule when it comes to ribs.
Only Eat With Family, or Friends-Who-Are-Practically-Family.
That way strangers aren’t subjected to the sight of me slathering rib sauce down my face/chin/neck/ or the noise of tearing, biting, chewing and grunting as I get all primal (there’s just something about meat on the bone that brings out my inner cavewoman).
Thankfully Hubs is not easily intimidated. A weaker man would’ve fled the scene a long time ago.
Slow-Cooked BBQ Pork Ribs
- 15 pc pork spare ribs
- 2 tbsps ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp celery salt
- 2 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- Cut the ribs into three portions (I chopped mine into about 5 ribs a piece).
- Combine the cumin, black pepper, paprika, oregano, chili powder and celery salt. Liberally rub into the meat (on both sides – be generous!).
- Wrap the meat in foil or clingfilm then let chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Place the ribs into suitable baking trays and brush with the BBQ sauce. Heat the oven to 170C. Put the ribs in the oven for 4 hours, basting with the sauce roughly every 30-45 minutes.
- For the last 30 minutes, chop the meat into individual ribs and pour over the remaining sauce.
Like this? You might also like: