Ever since I married into the True North, I’ve been a keen devotee of all its strange ways and customs.
- I know the protocol for if/when you’re confronted by a bear (or many bears…you can never be too prepared)
- I’ve eaten, and enjoyed, poutine
- I’ve attended a Blue Rodeo concert
- I’ve cheered lustily at an ice hockey game (the Leafs versus the Florida Panthers if you’re interested. The Leafs lost. Go figure)
- I’ve learnt how to wear six layers of clothing and still be comfortable
- I can identify an east coast accent from a west coast accent
These are the true hallmarks of being a Canadian but there was one accomplishment remaining – cooking a Thanksgiving Dinner.
Today I’ve invited some friends over for a celebratory feast and will be thanking all the great things Canada has given me over the years – family, friends and many wonderful memories.
Cheers Canada! And Happy Thanksgiving to all readers north of the border.