How do I love avocados? Let me count the ways (apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning).
I love them in creamy guacamole.
I love them chopped up in a salad
I love them scooped straight from the skin with a little lemon juice and black pepper
I love them hollowed out and baked with eggs
I love them on burgers
I love them in muffins.
And this week I’ve really been loving them in this delicious sauce.
Avocado Aioli (makes a cup)
- 1 ripe, hass avocado
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 spring/green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt & black pepper
- Slice the avocado horizontally, remove the stone and scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Mash well and season.
- Stir in the garlic, basil, onion and lemon juice. Let sit for a few minutes while the flavours combine then serve.
Like this? You might also like: