You know how you suddenly become obsessed with a certain food and, for no discernible reason, go from eating it once a year to Every. Single. Day?!
Well that’s how it’s going down between me and bananas at the moment.
Since I’m not preggers, there can only be some nutritional deficiency behind these banana cravings….but which to pick?
Bananas are a great source of many things from potassium to vitamin B6.
And they also taste amazing, so there’s that. One of my favourite go-to snacks at the moment is sliced frozen banana pieces sprinkled with cinnamon.
They taste a bit like ice-cream (if you haven”t had ice cream in a while).
Cooking bananas is not normally on my radar but these were a pleasant surprise. With a slight dusting of sugar and spices, the humble fruit is transformed into the perfect breakfast/dessert/anytime snack.
Hot Spiced Bananas (serves 2)
*adapted slightly from Delicious Living
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil if you’re dairy-free)
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Slice the bananas horizontally and place, cut side down, in the pan. Stir together the cardamon, cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle about half the mixture over the bananas, followed by the orange juice.
- Cook for a minute on that side then carefully flip over, sprinkle the remaining spice and sugar mix on top. Cook for about 30 seconds more then serve immediately.
Like this? You might like: