I certainly have. In fact, I’m more likely to avoid eating something if it’s labelled a ‘super food’.
(yep, I’m stubborn that way)
Thankfully I got into chia seeds before all the hype (#hipsterproblems).
I don’t eat them because they’re full of fibre, or because they’re an excellent source of Omega-3 fats or even because they regulate blood sugar and lower infllammation.
I eat them because they taste delicious.
Chia Seed Breakfast Porridge (makes about a cup)
- 6 oz full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsps chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps maple syrup (optional)
- Stir the chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup into the coconut milk. Let sit in the fridge for an hour then stir again. It should thicken to a tapioca-like consistency, if you’d like it a bit runnier just stir in more milk.
- Top with fresh fruit, nuts, more cinnamon etc
- Keep in the fridge for up to three days (it’d probably be alright up to a week, but it doesn’t last that long in our house!).
Like this? You might also like: