Another day, another salad.
And, for the first time, I’m starting to feel good on this rabbit food diet.
I’m back into my old gym routine, I’m sleeping like bear in the Canadian winter and I’m fairly buzzing from all the lovely nourishing nutrients.
Cashews are a great way to get some fat/protein into this salad. The dairy lovers could also add some goat’s cheese, if they’re feeling adventurous.
Cashew & Cranberry Salad (serves 1-2)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- 4 oz romaine lettuce (or greens of choice)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- Whisk together the oil, salt and lemon juice. Stir in the cilantro and set aside.
- Toss the lettuce, cashews, cranberries, celery and onion together. Drizzle with dressing, toss some more and serve.
Like this? You might also like: