Adopting the alkaline diet has been a real eye-opener.
Previously I’d never even considered whether a food was acidic or alkaline, much less cared.
Now I do and, having opened that door, will continue to try to get a balance between the two.
Helping me through those long days of figuring out what the hell I could eat, were the Alkaline Sisters who have a great blog on the subject.
It was there, browsing around one idle day, that I came across their list of salad dressings and immediately bookmarked the cr*p out of it.
This one’s from them and, rest assured, there’ll be more to come.
Mexican Salad Dressing (makes 1 cup)
*adapted slightly from the Alkaline Sisters
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp hemp oil
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, very finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder (I omitted this, and it was still tasty)
- Whisk all the above together and let sit for a few minutes before drizzling over a bean salad or greens.
Like this? You might also like: