It might seem uncomfortably cannibalistic to stuff a pork chop with bacon, but it sure tastes good.
In fact, when Hubs saw these sitting on the dinner table, he exclaimed: “Just when I thought pork couldn’t get any better…”
And now it seems I’ve overplayed my hand because every pork chop I serve after these will seem tame by comparison.
So make these, enjoy them, but be warned – they will get your tastebuds accustomed to the good life and there’s no going back.
Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Pork Chop (serves 2)
- 2 pork chops
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tsps chopped chives
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy. Remove from pan (reserving the fat…you need it for the chops) and set aside to cool.
- When cool, chop up the bacon into small pieces then mix with the cheese and the chives. Season with black pepper.
- Carefully slice horizontally through the thickest part of each chop to create a ‘fold’ in the meat. Cover with clingfilm then use a heavy implement (I went for a rolling pin, it was very satisfying) to beat the meat until it has spread and flattened.
- Scoop a tbsp of the cheese mixture along the fold of each chop until it is all used up.
- Heat the bacon fat over a high heat then add the chops and sear on each side until brown. Turn the heat down then cook for 3 minutes on each side until done. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: