Just because I can’t eat, doesn’t mean Hubs has to go hungry.
So I’m back in the kitchen and it turns out that cooking is hard when you can’t taste as you go.
I’m so used to nibbling things, tasting flavours and getting it right by trial and error that it feels like I’m flying blind here.
Happily Hubs gave these nuggets a winning review. He said they were tasty, slightly crunchy and a great flavour combo.
I’ll just have to take his word for it.
Coconut Chicken Nuggets (serves 1-2)
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsps coconut flour
- sea salt & black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Cut the chicken into small chunks.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk until churned. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut and coconut flour and season well.
- Roll a piece of chicken in the egg, shake off any excess then roll in the coconut mixture until well-coated. Continue until you’ve coated all the chicken nuggets.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add the nuggets and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like:
- Catfish Fingers & Tartar Sauce
- Nom Nom Paleo’s Cracklin’ Chicken
- Baked Chicken Goujons with Garlic Lime Dipping Sauce