Writing the title for this post gave me the heebie jeebies.
It was the same kind of itch I get when hubs puts a piece of fruit in the vegetable drawer, or when we have to leave the house with dirty dishes in the sink or the volume on the TV is set to an odd number.
We all have our quirks, right?!
In this instance, my quirk-alarm is going off because where I’m from zucchini chips are actually courgette crisps.
Most of my readers are from the US, therefore I have to abandon my mother tongue from time to time. It’s okay, I get it. I’ll never be completely okay with it though.
And now I’m off to rearrange the forks in the cutlery drawer because one is facing the wrong way.
Courgette Zucchini Crisps Chips (serves 2)
- 1 zucchini, sliced to about the thickness of a quarter
- 1 tbsp bacon fat or butter, melted
- sea salt & black pepper
- Toss the zucchini slices in the fat until each is coated.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray and roast at 400 for 20 minutes until brown and crispy (watch them like a hawk because when they burn, they burn fast).
- Liberally sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
Like this? You might also like: