So my Whole30 is offically over and I’m back on the dairy wagon (oh cheese, how I’ve longed for your delicious creaminess).
I’ve done two of these dietary resets now and can honestly say that I don’t really get all the hype.
There are dozens upon dozens of glowing testimonials online and almost everyone that’s tried it gets all evangelical about the benefits but I’m over here like “meh”.
But I’m glad I tried it…and I’m equally glad to be moving on and cooking whatever I want and not shunning a perfectly good recipe (like this one) because it has a bit of yoghurt in it.
Lamb Shawarma (serves 2)
- 1 lb lamb shoulder meat, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps plain, full-fat yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Whisk together the oregano, cumin, paprika, mace, lemon juice, yoghurt and garlic.
- Stir in the lamb meat. Cover and chill for at least an hour but preferably overnight.
- Warm a skillet over a high heat. Add the lamb and fry 6-7 minutes until tender, turning once to brown both sides. Serve.
Like this? You might also like: