I’m not going to sugar coat it (which is ironic because I’m a food blogger and normally I’d love a bit of sugar coating), this pudding cannot be called diet friendly.
It’s rich, it’s decadent, it’s creamy and it’s delicious.
I got over the whole ‘I shouldn’t be eating this, it’s too sinful’ dilemma by feeding it to guests.
Everyone knows that eating dessert with other people means that it doesn’t count. Right, right?!
This pudding is modelled on my Chai Chocolate Pots, so if you prefer the sound of those then head on over to that link. I won’t be offended, it’s all one, big, happy TMBL family here.
Cardamom Chocolate Cream Pudding (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 tsps cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 170g unsweetened baking chocolate
- grated lemon zest for decoration
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate and maple syrup together. Remove from the heat and stir in the cardamom and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, followed by the half & half.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until they form stiff peaks then fold gently into the chocolate.
- Whisk the heavy cream until it stiffens and then fold it into the chocolate mixture too.
- Spoon into individual ramekins, cover then let them chill overnight to set.
- Serve with a sprinkling of lemon zest on top.
Like this? You might also like: