We’re still missing Dog terribly (I’m sorry, I’ll stop going on about it soon. Until then, feel free to scroll to the recipe and avoid all this grief-stricken word vomit)
So much, in fact, that the grief is driving me a little insane. I think I see him out of the corner of my eye, I walk to the fridge to get his meal ready, I open my mouth to call for him.
It reached a new low last night when I found myself sniffing his old bed. See!? Loony tunes.
None of which has anything to do with asparagus, but that’s where I’m at and that’s what I’m writing.
Normal service will resume when I come back from crazy town.
Roast Asparagus with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette (serves 2-3)
*adapted from Epicurious
- a small bunch asparagus
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tbsps
- 3 tbsps lime juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Toss the asparagus in 2 tbsps olive oil, season well then roast at 400 for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Blend the lime juice, cilantro, rest of the olive oil and the salt to a semi-smooth paste.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the asparagus and serve.
Like this? You might also like: