Next door’s dog has a barking problem.
Every day I hear her distinctive “awooo, awooo, awooo” bark/howl for hours on end. She’s like a defective security alarm.
From casual observation, it would appear that the following act as a trigger:
- a leaf moving in the wind
- the cat from two doors down
- the pool guy
- a truck three streets away
Last night, as I was preparing these chops, it was me. She must’ve seen me moving in the light from the kitchen window and the eerie “awooo, awooo, awooo” began again.
Either that or she knew how tasty these would be and wanted a piece of the action.
Lamb Chops with Lemon (serves 2)
*adapted from Bon Appetit
- 8 lamb rib chops
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsps fresh chopped oregano
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- Mix the shallots, mint, oregano, garlic and a pinch of sea salt in a bowl. Press the mixture into the lamb chops (on both sides), cover and chill overnight.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and zest in a bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper and spoon over chops. Let stand at room temp for at least an hour.
- I broiled the chops and it took 20-25 minutes (turning once) for medium-well. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: