Things I have become obsessed with on this Whole30 diet:
- Hard-boiled Eggs
- This Tuna Salad
I was searching for something I could make a massive tub of, and dip into during the week.
It had to be Whole30 legal (ie no dairy, no sweeteners), full of protein to keep me away satiated and (perhaps most importantly) tasty.
And that is how I came to create The Best Tuna Salad Ever.
Such a tasty dish really deserves a better origin story, but sadly you can only work with what you’ve got. I didn’t get bitten by a radioactive spider while making this recipe, nor were my parents gunned down in a back alley by shady underworld types.
It was much more low-key but, if you make the recipe, I’m sure you’ll agree that the outcome is just as world-changing.
The Best Tuna Salad. Ever (makes about a cup and a half)
- 5oz can tuna (please choose wild-caught, sustainable tuna! My preferred brand is Wild Planet)
- 1/2 tbsp djion mustard
- 2 tbsps mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tbsps finely chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix all the above together. Eat.
Like this? You might also like: