While Wing Wednesday has become a bit of a tradition in our house, I am trying to sneak in different parts of the bird (not least because there’s a mound of assorted chicken parts in the freezer that we’ve barely put a dent in).
I’m a big believer in a varied diet. And sometimes that variety comes from eating different parts of the animal.
Hubs should really count himself lucky, it’s a short step from Wing Wednesdays to Chicken Liver Saturdays.
Cilantro & Garlic Tandoori Drumsticks (makes 12)
*adapted from Great Curry Recipes
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsps plain, full-fat yoghurt
- small bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch piece of root ginger, peeled
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- the juice of two limes
- Blend all ingredients except the drumsticks and yoghurt in a food processor until a paste.
- Stir the paste into the yoghurt then smear over the chicken, rubbing into the meat. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, and up to 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge and bake at 420 for 45 minutes, turning once.
Like this? You might also like: