I had Jack Johnson singing in my head the whole time I was frying these pancakes, like an irritating but melodic ear worm.
When that happens, I find the only cure is to listen to the actual song. [scurries to Youtube]
Ah, here we go:
Not the worst soundtrack to a leisurely weekend brunch (bacon, eggs, pancakes and a happy Hubs = perfect Sunday).
Banana Maples Pancakes (makes 6-8)
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Mash the banana to a pulp then whisk in the eggs, syrup and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, carefully pour about 2 tbsps of the batter in and let set (the batter will spread so it’s best to do the pancakes in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan).
- Turn the heat down slightly to medium and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until brown.
Like this? You might also like:
- Coconut Pancakes & Dark Treacle Sauce
- Banana & Cranberry Breakfast Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread