So I need some advice from experienced runners.
Coming out of the gym on Saturday, I found to my horror that my car wouldn’t start. It sat there, flat as the proverbial pancake, as one by one my fellow gym goers sped off and left me standing in the empty car park.
I didn’t have a phone and the one at the gym wasn’t working. There was only one option left to me: I’d have to walk home.
For reasons I can’t quite figure out, I ended up not just walking but running home.
It hurt. It really hurt.
So my question to the runners out there is this – how long before you pass the I’m-going-have-a-burning-heart-attack stage and get to the it’s-tough-but-I-got-this stage?
P.S Yes, none of that had to do with this soup. Sorry. The soup is really good, you should try it. That’s all I have to say about that.
Smoked Salmon, Dill & Leek Chowder (serves 3-4)
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 small, white onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or full fat coconut milk)
- 1 cup garden peas (I used frozen)
- 4 oz sliced smoked salmon
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, onion and leek. Stir together and cook until the leek softens.
- Pour in the stock, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the dill. Simmer for another 5 minutes then take off the heat and add the salmon, peas and cream. Let the salmon colour and the peas warm through. Serve.
Like this? You might also like: