I can’t figure out why, but cauliflower is by far the most expensive item in my local supermarket’s produce aisle (and that’s year-round so it’s not a seasonal thing).
You’d think they were made of gold.
That’s why, whenever I splash out on the cruciferous veg, I like to make something special.
And by ‘special’, I mean something Hubs would eat (he’s not great with veggies).
Roasting any vegetable is usually a sure-fire way to make them more palatable. It seems to bring out the natural sweetness and add a bit of a crunch.
This is not popcorn. Of course not. But it is a bite-size kinda snack thing so I suppose the similarities are there.
The plate got cleaned within minutes so I guess it was worth the extortionate price tag.
Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower (serves 2-3)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsps coconut oil or ghee
- Mix the spices, garlic, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Trim the stem and leaves off the cauliflower and break into small florets. Toss in the spices until each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Melt the oil or ghee in a baking tray or casserole dish. Spoon your spiced florets into the tray of hot oil and stir to coat.
- Roast at 400 for 30 minutes.
Like this? You might also like: