There’s a fierce debate in our household.
Hubs loves bok choy. I hate it. Marriages have floundered over less.
Thankfully though, we are well-versed in the noble art of compromise and reached an agreement quicker than warring nations running low on ammo.
I cook bok choy…but always with a sauce full of my favourite things.
This time around my favourite things were ginger, garlic and chili.
Steamed Bok Choy with Ginger (serves 2)
- 2 baby bok choy, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 tsp minced ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsps lime juice
- Whisk together the ginger, garlic, liquid aminos, sesame oil and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place the bok choy in a steamer and cook for 3-5 minutes until the stalks are tender and the leaves wilted.
- Remove and toss in the ginger dressing. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: