My heart-shaped baking trays see a lot of action this time of year.
I suppose I should make an effort to use them year-round but, to quote the meme: “Ain’t nobody got time for that.”
Instead they languish at the back of the cupboard until mid-February when they get used for all sorts of exciting things.
If I weren’t going the Valentine’s route, I’d simply bake these in a muffin tray. If you’re intending to do that, you could probably cut the cooking time by 5 minutes and expect to make 6 muffins, rather than 4 hearts.
Orange & Cranberry Cakes (makes 4)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 very ripe banana
- Mash the banana to a pulp then stir in the eggs, honey, coconut oil, orange juice and zest. Whisk together until well combined.
- Sieve in the baking powder and coconut flour and stir until it is a semi-thick batter.
- Fold in the cranberries and pour into a greased heart-shaped baking tray (I used about 2 heaped tbsps per heart and got 4, if you’re using a standard muffin tray it will probably stretch to 6).
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let cool before removing from tray.
Like this? You might also like: