To quote the wonderful Yotam Ottolenghi: “Brussels Sprouts aren’t just for Christmas, they’re for life.”
I know exactly what he means.
Sprouts are a big hit in our house (well, ok, Dog and I enjoy them. Hubs not so much) so when I found this delicious slaw recipe I was intrigued, excited and hungry.
Yotam rarely steers me wrong, and this was no exception. I strayed from his instructions slightly by adding more veggies because…well…more veggies.
You can never have too much healthy stuff, amiright?!
Brussels Sprout & Ginger Slaw (serves 4)
*adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi
- 4-6 brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 3 tsps ginger root, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps mayo
- Put the veggies in a bowl and mix with about half the mayo. Stir well then chill in the fridge for a few hours to let the vegetables soften.
- Stir in the cilantro, chili, ginger lime juice and salt. Serve.
Like this? You might also like:
- Brussels Sprout Hash
- Brussels Sprouts with Pecan Viniagrette
- Brussels Sprout, Goat’s Cheese & Pistachio Salad