Ignore the misleading title: these muffins are for any time of day.
(and sometimes the night too – don’t judge me, my belly knows no clock)
You’ll notice that there’s no sweetener of any kind in this recipe, beyond the fruit.
That’s because a) these did originally start life as breakfast muffins and I hate too much sweetness in the mornings and b) hubs and I are trying the SCD this week which means we are trying very hard to wean ourselves off sweet treats.
These do not taste sugary so don’t go into this expecting a muffin similar to those you buy at Starbucks (yeech).
(if you have sweet toothed kiddies or just want something a bit more decadent I’d add a couple of tbsps of honey to the mix)
Banana & Cranberry Muffins (makes 12 small muffins)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sieved
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs
- Mash the banana very well then whisk in the eggs and coconut oil.
- In a large mixing, mix together the flour and nutmeg.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until it forms a runny batter. Fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon into a muffin tray (I used 4.13 cm muffin cups and it made 12). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until firm.
- Let cool before removing from tray and devouring.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday