If you’re looking for a sneaky way to get greens into a green-haters diet, look no further.
I took full advantage and shoved in all the gnarly greens – curly kale, collard leaves.
We had it warm, but I suspect it would also go down well at room temperature.
Don’t be scared of the high cheese content.
You actually get more from your vegetables if you eat a load of fat with them. Why? Because the fat helps you absorb all those awesome nutrients.
I take that as licence to liberally smother my greens with cream cheese. It’s SCIENCE.
Cheesy Mixed Greens (serves 2)
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 2 large leaves curly kale, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 collard green leaves, de-stemmed and shredded
- 2 spring/green onions, finely chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- Combine the greens in a steamer and steam for minutes until wilted (if you don’t have a steamer, briefly saute in a frying pan). Transfer to a sieve and drain well (I put something heavy on them and leave for about 5 minutes to make sure the spinach in particular is entirely dry).
- Mix the greens together with the cream cheese, sour cream, onion and garlic. Spoon into a small casserole dish.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella, bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until brown on top. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: