Hubs and I have forsaken potato for the time being (and I fully expect the authorities to come for my Irish passport any day now).
It’s a sad state of affairs but we both decided to try different starches that are a bit more nutritious and less insulin-tweaking.
Hence this loaded mash.
It was so successful that hubs even thought it was potato.
Mind you, vegetables are not his strong point. He could tell you the inner mechanical workings of pretty much any car on the market but can’t tell one root veg from another. Go figure.
Loaded Parsnip Mash (serves 2)
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 2 spring/green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place the parsnips in a pot of boiling, salted water and simmer for 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain.
- Season generously. Mash well and stir in the sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, spring onion and garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Serve with an extra dollop of sour cream and onions on top.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday