Considering I’m a food blogger, there’s a surprising lack of gadgetry in my kitchen.
That’s the inevitable consequence of being an expat in a rented apartment – you never know when you’ll have to up sticks and move again so acquiring a mountain of stuff isn’t the best plan.
That said, there are plenty of things on my wishlist for when we do get settled. Highlights on that list include a decent food processor, an ice cream maker and a slow cooker.
Among the many, many things I do not have in my kitchen (#firstworldproblems) is a mandoline.
And it would’ve come in very handy for this slaw.
As it was, I finely sliced the veggies by hand and it’s a miracle that I still have the requisite amount of fingers left.
Please don’t sue me if any such accidents occur during the making of this recipe. I’m saving up for my ice cream maker.
Lime & Cilantro Slaw (makes about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 3 tsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps fresh cilantro/coriander
- 2 stalks celery, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly (I used a peeler to create carrot ribbons)
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- Whisk together the mayo, lime juice, cilantro and chives.
- Add the remaining veggies and stir well.
- Store in the fridge.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday