I’m inhaling eggs at a fearsome rate these days, for reasons that will become clear tomorrow.
But there’s only so many times you can scarf down boiled eggs without hungering for something a little more adventurous.
Everyone knows egg salad, I’m not exactly inventing the wheel here (or the ice-cream maker which, in my opinion, was a much bigger leap for mankind).
What I am doing is refining the classic dish so that it becomes the best version of itself.
A squeeze of lemon, some fresh herbs and a bit of homemade mayo. What’s not to love?
Parsley & Dill Egg Salad (serves 2)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley leaf, finely chopped
- 1 spring/green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Put the eggs in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let them boil for six minutes then remove and peel.
- Chop the eggs into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine then refridgerate and serve chilled.
Like this? You might also like: