I’m a lover of chocolate desserts (who isn’t?!), but there are times when you just want something a bit lighter.
And what’s lighter than fruit, aka nature’s candy?
There were some juicy, plump, organic peaches in my local supermarket this week and it takes a stronger woman than I to walk past those bad boys.
I scooped up a couple and decided they’d do nicely for Sunday’s dessert.
This is the easiest thing to put together. Make the sour cream sauce in advance and then all you have to worry about is browning the peach.
Well, that and whether frying fruit is madness, genius…or a little bit of both.
Seared Peach with Spiced Sour Cream (serves 2)
- 2 very ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsps coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsps sour cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsps honey
- Cut each peach in half and remove the stone. Liberally sprinkle each half with coconut palm sugar.
- Whisk together the sour cream, honey and spices. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until it starts to brown. Carefully add the peaches (flesh side down) and fry for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, spoon over the sour cream and serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday