You guys, these muffins tasted like toffee.
Warm, nutty toffee!
They are the perfect answer to anyone who tells you: “eating gluten-free is a joyless masochistic, depressing way to live.”
Feed those fools these muffins…then tell them they’re gluten-free, grain-free and (if you replace the butter with coconut oil) dairy-free.
Before you know it, you’ll have converted another soul to the gluten-free bandwagon.
Alternatively, you could keep your mouth shut and eat all these yourself.
Pecan Molasses Mini-Muffins (makes 12)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsps blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Whisk together the butter, eggs and molasses.
- Sieve the coconut flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until it forms a thick, runny batter (coconut flour is a difficult flour to work with, check out some tips here).
- Fold in the pecans.
- Spoon about a tbsp into small (I used 4cm) muffin cups. It should stretch to 12. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday