Ever thought something was foul and disgusting, and then kinda found yourself loving it?
I feel this way about daytime soaps, saunas, mixing red wine with fruit juice…and fennel.
My affection for fennel was a slow burn (not like that filthy minx chocolate, which had me at “hello”) but it has definitely taken root.
And now that I’m Team Fennel, I’m experimenting with this wacky new flavour.
In my house, sooner or later, everything makes it into dessert.
Cream of Cauliflower & Fennel Soup (serves 2)
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1/3 cup cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and parsley. Lightly fry for five minutes.
- Trim the stem off the fennel bulb and slice it thinly. Toss it into the pan and stir. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets and the stock. Season well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 25 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pot (turning off the heat) and stir in the cream.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday