Nut butters of all kinds have a special place in my heart.
Swirled into yoghurt, spread on crackers, licked from a spoon….just get it IN MY BELLY.
But this post came about quite accidentally. You see, I’d meant to buy sunflower seed butter but grabbed a jar of tahini instead and only realised my error when I got it home.
No harm, no foul though, as people who like sports metaphors say (I don’t know those people, but I hear they exist).
Stirred together with a few of my favourite ingredients, it makes for an unusual and tasty chicken salad.
If you don’t do dairy, you can omit the sour cream in favour of mayo. I don’t think anything will be lost in the translation.
If you don’t do nuts then omit the cashews.
And if you don’t do chicken then there’s no help for you. I can only recommend this delightful vegetarian blog and send you on your merry way.
Tahini & Cashew Nut Chicken Salad (serves 2)
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsps sour cream
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green/spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander/cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted, roasted cashews
- Mix the tahini, sour cream, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic together.
- Stir in the onion, coriander, chicken and cashew nuts.
- Chill until needed.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday