I am in the fortunate position of having too much coconut oil.
Yep, my cupboards are full of the liquid gold. I had been stockpiling for a while but that policy backfired when I discovered that two of the precious jars had gone rancid.
I thought coconut oil would last forever. Turns out it doesn’t.
You know it’s bad when it turns a sickly yellow colour and loses its coconut smell.
Also it’s a dead giveaway when your dog won’t touch it with a hairy paw.
NB: these delicious little nuggets are not portable. Especially in the summer. Coconut oil is a fickle beast and goes from solid to liquid before you can say: “My purse is ruined!” so keep these in the fridge and don’t carry them around with you.
Vanilla Cranberry Squares (makes 15)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 dried cranberries
- 2 tbsps honey
- Melt the coconut oil until it is liquid. Whisk in the honey and the vanilla extract.
- Take off the heat and let cool for a minute. Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into small muffin cups (I used 4cm cups). Transfer to the freezer and let freeze for 45 minutes.
- Keep in the fridge to store.
Like this? You might also like:
- Chocolate Fruit n’ Nut Bites
- Maple Coconut Chocolates
- Pepita Chocolate Drops with Sea Salt & Pistachios
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday