I’m in love with Green and Black’s Almond dark chocolate bar.
Just typing the words is giving me butterflies in the belly. That’s how far gone I am.
And so I pledged to find a way to recreate my guilty pleasure (it’s not my only guilty pleasure btw, you can add Cupcake Wars and The Voice to that shameful list) and these coconut oil bites were the result.
They’re easy, healthy and dairy-free. Just make sure you get a good source of coconut oil (preferably organic) and unsweetened cocoa powder cos otherwise that stuff is just all sugar.
And, speaking of good quality coconut oil, have you entered my giveaway yet? You could get a free gallon jar of the stuff from Tropical Traditions simply by dropping me a note on facebook. More info here (it closes on Thursday so hurry!).
Chocolate Fruit n’ Nut Bites (makes 15 tiny ones)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (you could also use almond butter)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Whisk together all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Carefully spoon into baking cups (I used tiny ones – 4cm – and it made about 15).
- Freeze for an hour until set. Store in the fridge.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday