I have a dream.
A dream that one day all cinemas (or ‘movie theaters’ for you US folks) will carry organic popcorn with grassfed butter and sea salt; organic dark chocolate; organic raw milk ice cream and my latest snack of choice – tasty toasted pumpkin seeds.
But I’m a realist and sadly it’ll be a cold day in hell before the cinemas push up their overheads by sourcing good quality foods.
Until that time, I’ll make do with whipping up my own tasty morsels and smuggling them in.
So if you see me at the movies with an oversized handbag roughly the dimensions of a small suitcase, you’ll know why.
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- Mix together the sugar, salt and coconut oil.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds in this mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place on a greased or lined baking tray and put under the grill for 4-6 minutes until the seeds pop.
- Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like:
- Pepita Crusted Chicken
- Pepita Chocolate Drops with Sea Salt & Pistachio
- Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Cheddar Soup