I’ve finally solved my cilantro/coriander dilemma.
[“phew!” I hear you cry, “at last I can sleep at night!”]
But enough of the sarcasm dear readers, the cilantro thing really was bugging me. While I assumed that coriander was the way we say it in the UK and cilantro was the American-ised version, turns out that is wrong.
[I hate to be wrong so let’s skim past that part.]
Cilantro is the term for the herb in its leafy form, coriander is the name of the seeds of the plant.
So glad that’s settled and I can get on with the important things in life…liking making spicy burgers and covering them with a thick, creamy cilantro sauce.
Spicy Turkey Burgers (makes 4)
- 12 oz ground turkey
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Season well. Shape into patties and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan. Add the burgers and fry for 4 minutes on each side until they brown.
Lime Cilantro Sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsps fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 spring/green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp plain, full-fat yoghurt
- Stir all the ingredients together and chill until needed.
Like this? You might also like: